Curious on how you can plan a budget friendly wedding for this upcoming wedding season? Well, you’re not the only one! This is the first thing on a bride’s mind shortly after becoming engaged. Although, weddings are very exciting, they can also be very expensive so finding ways to save money will go a long way. We wanted to provide our readers with some tips and tricks on how you can plan an amazing wedding on a budget.
- Think twice about your guest list. This is by far the easiest way to create a smaller budget for your upcoming wedding. Keep it under 100 people and you will be sure to find some savings!
- Pick a funky venue with natural decorations. At a wedding, decorations and lighting can often be the most expensive part of the ceremony and reception so pick a venue that comes with its own character. Good options include museums, gardens or historical sites that have their own personality without any decorations.
- Throw out a formal sit-down dinner. Who said you have to give an individual seat and formal dinner to every wedding guest that joins your party? Think about a buffet style reception to save some money or informal tables where people can sit or stand wherever they want.
- Think twice about the flowers you pick. Wedding flowers are a must for every wedding but there are some quick tricks in how to keep your flower costs down. Make sure you only pick flowers that are in-season. Local DC florists’ charge much more when you are picking flowers that aren’t readily available in their shop or are out of season. Ask your wedding florists lots of questions because there is definitely a hierarchy when it comes to the types of flowers and the cost for them.
- Ditch the wedding band. Of course we love a good wedding band but it’s not a must. People love hearing popular music so hire a DJ instead. This will save you a ton of money, especially, because a DJ is one person and a band is 5 people or more. Also, a few less mouths to feed!
- You really don’t need…save the dates or favors. Everyone who needs to know about the wedding months in advance will know because they are close with you. Save the dates are an extra expense that you really don’t need. Same goes with favors. People often don’t even take them home and if they do, they probably get thrown away quickly thereafter.
- Get a fake cake. This may sound strange but you don’t actually need the cake to be real. It can be Styrofoam on the inside and just have a pretty exterior. Make sure you have a sheet cake ready in the back to slice and give out to your guests.
We hope you enjoyed our tips on how to plan a budget friendly wedding. If you are looking for the right D.C. wedding florist to make all of your wedding dreams come true, check out Nosegay Flower Shop D.C. We will make your wedding flower experience perfect! Please visit http://www.nosegayflowers.net for more wedding and flower information.