Anyone else struggling to stay healthy with all their summer travel plans? Us too! We thought we would share some tips and tricks for staying healthy this summer since it can seem nearly impossible to do especially while traveling!
- There is nothing better for your body than lots of water. It is also very easy to get dehydrated while traveling, so beware! We suggest at least eight full glasses of water a day regardless of whether you are traveling. Easiest way to do it on a plane? Buy a big bottle of water before boarding and make sure you finish it before you land!
- Avoid bread when you can. We know that the bread basket at lunch and dinner can be tempting, but avoid it whenever possible. It will lead you down a slippery slope because one piece of bread often leads to many! It will also fill you up so you won’t get to enjoy that meal you’ve been looking forward to at a new restaurant.
- Bring your walking shoes. Even if you can’t motivate yourself to get to the hotel gym while you are traveling, take advantage of walking wherever you can—especially if you are traveling to Europe. There are so many beautiful sights to see and it’s often easier to get around by foot than taxi anyways. Take advantage of walking while sightseeing!
- Drink in moderation. We know for many travelers out there that vacation often means day and night drinking. Try to find a few days of your trip (if it’s a long one) that you won’t drink and instead hydrate with water! If you don’t want to take a day off from drinking, which we can understand on vacation, try to decide on drinking during the day or night instead of both!
- Sunscreen! Now everyone might not think that applying sunscreen is the same as being healthy while on vacation, but it is really important to protect yourself from the sun! Bring lots of sunscreen on your trip or make sure you stop to buy some once you land at your destination. We also suggest bringing a hat on vacation since you will likely be walking around outside. A hat is an easy way to protect yourself from all day sun exposure.
- Pick the healthy option when you can. Most people eat out at restaurants a lot while on vacation. Some restaurants that you visit have healthier options than others. When you do go to those restaurants or events with healthy options, make sure to take advantage! That way, when you are at a place with less healthy options, you can feel less guilty about indulging.
- Sleep as much as you can! One of the things we look forward to the most on vacations is catching up on sleep! Take advantage of not having to go to work and sleep in as much as you can. We know some people like to start their day early to sightsee before it gets too hot and crowded…if that’s more your speed, then make sure to go to bed early those nights!
We hope you enjoyed all of our summer travel tips for staying healthy! Remember, Nosegay Flowers is here for any and all of your floral arrangement and bouquet desires this summer. Nosegay Flowers has the fastest flower same-day delivery service in the Washington, D.C. metro area! We have the best collection of exquisite flower bouquets, assorted gifts, and plants that are sure to impress that special person in your life. Whether you need D.C. Flower Delivery, Maryland Flower Delivery or Virginia Flower Delivery, we can have your stunning bouquet and wonderful assorted gifts in the special recipient’s hand in no time. You can count on Nosegay Flowers for your floral needs! No one does flower same-day delivery or wedding flowers better!